Insurance Products

Personal Auto

Protection for you and your family in the event of a car accident.

Find an Agent

Personal Automobile Insurance from Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance

Louisiana Farm Bureau insurance provides Auto insurance designed to provide liability protection for you and your family in the event of an accident in which you are at fault. Included as part of the liability protection is coverage for medical expenses you and your family may incur as a result of an auto accident.

To protect you in the event you are not at fault and the responsible driver does not have liability insurance, Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage is available.

Another option you may choose as part of your auto coverage is Collision coverage, which covers the repair of your damaged vehicle caused by an auto accident, or Comprehensive coverage to pay for your vehicle from any other covered cause.

And, no matter what coverage you choose, be sure to enroll in DriveDown, our deductible rewards program that lets customers save on their deductibles as a reward for driving safely, and can help them become safer drivers in the process.

Why choose Farm Bureau insurance? We have been serving policyholders just like you for over 70 years. Real Service. Real People.®

Ready for a quote? Get a free auto insurance quote now. It’s fast and easy.


Mandatory Coverages

Louisiana law requires each vehicle (excluding certain commercial use vehicles) to have minimum liability limits of 15/30/25. That is, $15,000 for bodily injury to one person, $30,000 for bodily injury to more than one person and $25,000 property damage coverage for damage to someone else’s vehicle or other property. These limits may be increased up to 300/500/100 depending on your specific needs. If higher liability limits are desired, ask your local Louisiana Farm Bureau insurance agent about Personal Umbrella* insurance.

Bodily Injury

Bodily Injury liability coverage protects you against financial loss resulting from bodily injury you cause to others and for which you are legally liable. This mandatory coverage may be increased from the minimum limits required by law.

Property Damage

Property Damage liability coverage protects you against financial loss resulting from property damage that you cause to others and for which you are legally liable. This mandatory coverage may be increased from the minimum limit required by law.

Medical Payments

Although this coverage is not mandated by the state, it is required by Farm Bureau insurance. This coverage pays $5,000 per person and $25,000 per accident for reasonable medical expenses incurred as a result of an auto accident. This coverage amount cannot be increased.

Death Indemnity

As part of Medical Payments coverage, $10,000 will be paid in the event you are killed in an automobile accident, less any amount paid under the Medical Payments coverage.

Optional Coverages


Collision coverage pays for repairs to your car – regardless of who is at fault – when it is damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object, or as a result of turning over. Collision coverage is subject to a deductible, an amount you must pay from your own pocket, before your policy begins to pay. The higher the deductible you select, the lower your premium will be.


Comprehensive coverage pays for loss of or damage to your car from incidents other than collision. Examples would include fire, theft, windstorm, vandalism, accidental glass breakage and collision with an animal. However, damage due to mechanical breakdown and normal wear and tear is not covered. Like Collision coverage, Comprehensive coverage is subject to a deductible. Again, the higher the deductible you select, the lower your premium will be.

Rental Car Coverage

If you elect to carry Comprehensive or Collision coverage on your automobile, Rental Car coverage will be included. This provides for car rental reimbursement according to the terms of the policy if your automobile is inoperable due to a covered loss.

Roadside Assistance Program – Call 1-866-275-7322

As part of Coverage E Collision, Roadside Assistance is available anytime your covered vehicle is disabled away from your premises. We will pay up to $75* for reasonable and necessary charges for:

  • Towing to the nearest qualified repair center
  • Battery boost or jump start
  • Flat tire service
  • Fuel delivery (up to two gallons)
  • Lockout service

*In the event your disabled vehicle does not have collision coverage, is other than a private passenger car or pickup truck or is located on your premises, you may still call the toll-free phone number for Roadside Assistance, but you will be responsible for any cost incurred.

Services are provided by and/or through Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., Medford, MA 02155, except in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Wisconsin, and Wyoming where services are provided by and/or through Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.

Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist

Generally speaking, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UM) pays for bodily injury, medical costs, funeral expenses and lost wages suffered by you in an automobile accident caused by the fault of another driver who does not have liability insurance or does not have enough liability insurance.

For a reduced premium, you may purchase UM Economic-Only coverage, which covers only medical costs, funeral expenses, lost wages and out-of-pocket expenses. If you choose to carry Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage for Bodily Injury, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage for damage to your vehicle may also be available. If you do not carry Collision coverage, you may select Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage that pays for damages to your automobile arising out of an accident with the owner or operator of an uninsured automobile if you are not at fault.

*Personal Umbrella insurance is a liability policy designed to provide additional protection in the event the liability limits of your automobile policy or homeowners policy are used up paying for a large loss. Call your local Louisiana Farm Bureau insurance agent for a quote and available limits.

For more information about obtaining your auto insurance, contact your local Louisiana Farm Bureau insurance agent.

Download the MOBILE agent App

MOBILE agent offers on-the-go convenience with 24/7 access to account information. Review your policies, report a claim, contact a local agent, or request emergency roadside assistance — all with a few taps of your screen.